Learn to swim in a 1/4 of the time!
At Swim Clo Aquatics and Fitness Inc, we treat you like family. We provide an atmosphere in which success is inescapable. Our guidance, encouragement and respect will ensure personal growth. Not only will your child thrive, but your child will also be provided with the necessary tools that build self-confidence, self-discipline, integrity, and courage for life.
MEET THE OWNER: CLAUDINE:
Claudine Blair, owner and operator of Swim Clo Aquatics and Fitness, started her first swim school 25 years ago because she felt it was taking too long for children to learn to swim in traditional swimming programs. What started out as swimming lessons held in backyard pools is now Swim Clo Aquatics and Fitness, operating year-round at five locations in Vancouver, Tsawwassen, South Surrey, Langley and Cloverdale and she is currently working on expanding into Richmond, Coquitlam and the North Shore. Claudine is passionate and clear about her purpose: since drowning is the 2nd leading cause of accidental death among children, she wants to offer everyone the opportunity to learn to swim quickly and reliably by using her own program combined with the Red Cross program. Claudine used the knowledge gained from her UBC Human Kinetics and Education degrees in combination with 25 years of teaching swimming and school experience to develop a unique learn-to-swim program that works! As a result of the Swim Clo Program, which is only taught at her swim schools, her students learn to swim in a 1/4 of the time. This innovative, one-of-a-kind program, yields strong swimmers in 1 year, which would otherwise take 3-4 years in traditional programs.
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics
- Bachelor of Education
- Associate of Arts Degree
- BC College of Teachers Certification
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification
- Training Partner of the Red Cross
- Affiliated Member of the Lifesaving Society
- Registered Fitness Leader and has BCRPA Certifications in Personal Training, Aquatic Fitness, Group Fitness and Weight Training
- Member of the United States Swim School Association
- 3M National Coaching Certification in Swimming, Basketball, and Gymnastics
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- First Aid and CPR Instructor Certification
- Over 25 years combined teaching experience as a Physical Education teacher for three years at Southpointe Academy and a swimming lessons teacher and lifeguard for 25 years at Swim Clo Aquatics and various other locations
- Coaching experience in swimming, soccer, volleyball, and track and field
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
At Swim Clo Aquatics & Fitness we have a team of highly trained, enthusiastic and innovative Coaches. These incredible Coaches create a thriving and enjoyable learning environment for our students and families!
Our Coaches are the best of the best and come to Swim Clo with experience and full certification before they begin their Swim Clo program training!
All Swim Clo Coaches receive extensive training to enable them to succeed in their role. This extensive training involves over 300 hours with the owner and with a senior coach to learn our unique learn-to-swim program and Swim Clo's high teaching standards.
Observations, mentorship and additional training are provided to Coaches to ensure their ongoing professional development.
Coaches create customized lesson plans for each student to ensure they are always striving to reach new goals. These lesson plans focus on the individual students weakness' and are overseen by the owner.