SWIM KIDS PROGRAM
(FOR CHILDREN AGED 6 - 12 YEARS )
We focus on customized, small-group or one-on-one instruction in an intimate, private setting. Participants in our programs achieve goals that are far above average expectations due to the Swim Clo program, excellent instruction and small class sizes. In summary, our students learn to swim in a 1/4 of the time!
We teach the Swim Clo Program in conjunction with Red Cross Swim programs to infants (6 months and older), preschoolers, school-aged children and adults. These programs meet the emerging needs of Canadians by teaching them how to be strong swimmers and how to be safe around water. They also encourage increased physical activity. Lessons are taught in an enjoyable learning atmosphere that utilizes play, creative expression, self-discovery and independent thinking to achieve the goals of the lesson.
RED CROSS SWIM KIDS
Jump right in!
- A 10-level program fits with today's swimmers; kids can progress through all levels and feel proud of their achievement.
- Swimming and water safety skills are taught in the water so kids are always active and wet -this approach promotes success and encourages lifelong fitness.
- A focus on individual achievement creates a cycle of success that is geared toward kids.
Red Cross Swim Kids is ideal for swimmers of all levels, even those who have little or no previous experience.
- Children start at about age six, and continue through the 10 levels. Your child can seamlessly move from one level to the next, based on his or her own development as a swimmer. Every child progresses at a different rate, and it is not uncommon for children to repeat a level in order to strengthen a particular skill.
- Through drills and distance swimming kids learn all six strokes and develop proper breathing and swimming techniques while building endurance and embracing a healthy lifestyle.
- Water safety is important for all age groups. We teach skills ranging from self-rescue and preventing injuries to boating safety and diving.
- Red Cross Swim is also about fun! Songs, games, and learning alongside peers, all combine to create a rewarding and enjoyable experience.
RED CROSS SWIM KIDS LEVELS
SWIM KIDS LEVEL 1:
Swimmers develop front and back float, front and back glide, flutter kick (assisted), shallow water entries and exits, and swim 5 metres.
SWIM KIDS LEVEL 2:
Swimmers learn front and back glide with flutter kick , develop front swim, complete deep-water activities (assisted) and swim 10 metres continuously.
SWIM KIDS LEVEL 3:
Swimmers increase their distance on front and back glide with flutter kick, perform flutter kick unassisted, wear a PFD in deep water and swim 15 metres continuously.
SWIM KIDS LEVEL 4:
Swimmers learn back swim with shoulder roll and front crawl (10m), work on flutter kick on back, perform kneeling dive, introduction to sculling and swim 25 metres continuously.
SWIM KIDS LEVEL 5:
Swimmers develop front crawl (15m), learn back crawl (15m) and whip kick on back, learn stride dive and treading water, perform head-first sculling on back, and swim 25 metres continuously.
SWIM KIDS LEVEL 6:
Swimmers increase their distance on front and back crawl (25m), learn elementary back stroke (15m), learn dolphin kick, tread water in deep water, perform front dive, and swim 75 metres continuously.
SWIM KIDS LEVEL 7:
Swimmers increase their distance on front and back crawl (50m) and elementary back stroke (25m), learn front scull, perform whip kick on front and dolphin kick, learn stride entry and swim 150 metres continuously.
SWIM KIDS LEVEL 8:
Swimmers increase their distance on front and back crawl (75m) and elementary back stroke (25m), learn breast stroke (15m), learn eggbeater/tread water, perform feet-first surface dive and standing shallow dive, and swim 300 metres continuously.
SWIM KIDS LEVEL 9:
Swimmers increase their distance on front and back crawl (100m), elementary back stroke (50m) and breast stroke (25m), learn sidestroke kick, perform head-first surface dive, and swim 400m continuously.
SWIM KIDS LEVEL 10:
Swimmers increase their distance on front and back crawl (100m), elementary back stroke (50m), and breast stroke (50m), learn sidestroke (25m), perform dolphin kick (vertical), learn feet - and head-first surface dives with underwater swim, and swim 500 metres continuously.